Hello, I am Kerry Avery, the owner of Odin Training Solutions Inc. and I am passionate about saving the world from death via effective training of law enforcement officers and instructors. We offer training consulting, curriculum design and development, whiteboard videos and train the trainer courses. I can consult on your existing training, design and develop new training courses or programs, and offer adult learning workshops to train your trainers. I have e-learning modules available which take you from knowledgeable person to effective trainer! If you really want to benefit from the years I invested in education and experience, contact me for personal coaching. I will guide you through the design process so you can learn firsthand as you develop a course.
I have a Master’s in Education from Athabasca University and 2 certificates in Adult Education from the University of Alberta and Brock University.
My clients benefit from my extensive experience: 15 years designing training programs including 10 years working with law enforcement to develop classroom, online and blended learning courses.
My experience includes consulting and designing programs in law enforcement for every level of government in Canada, working with American law enforcement training providers, and consulting for the national police services in El Salvador and Ukraine. I am the managing editor for the ILEETA Journal, and have presented at the ILEETA, IADLEST, and IACP conferences. Click here for the full list.
- 2013: IADLEST (International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training) conference;
- 2014: ILEETA conference. Topic: Technology in Training;
- 2015: ILEETA conference. Topic: Blended Learning;
- CSTD (Canadian Society for Training and Development) learning expo. Topic: Learner Engagement;
- IACP (International Association of Chiefs of Police) conference. Panel member for IMPACT presentation on evidence-based training methodologies, presenting on Blended Learning;
- 2016: ILEETA conference. Topic: Instructional Design;
- 2017: ILEETA conference. Topic: Visuals and Handouts;
- IACP Panel member for IMPACT Presentation on the future of training for law enforcement;
- 2018: ILEETA conference. Topic: Listening Isn’t Learning: Increasing Student Engagement;
- Topic: Impact of a Line of Duty Death on the Spouses;
- Government of Alberta Justice and Solicitor General Supervisors’ Conference Topic: Adult Learning;
- 2019 ILEETA conference. Topic: Tactical Approach to Training Design.
Take a look at my certificates